I am Sophia Bullock.

That feels silly to write. I am a 24 year old student who really still feels unprepared for any kind of career or stability or adulthood in general. My last job was working with at-risk Indigenous youth in Northern Québec with a non-profit called Youth Fusion which was an experience I did not expect and in all honestly wish I was still living. My goal for being in this program is to create a skill set and obtain a certification that allows me to have the option for stability but also gives me options outside of what is expected. I may teach in an average public school as a full time teacher, I may teach French immersion, I may choose to TOC for a while and pursue other things or focus on my mental health, I may try to find a school like High Tech High or Summerhill (a democratic alternative school), or I may choose to move back to Kuujjuaraapik (my home last year) and find a position there, or elsewhere in a more remote community. I have a science (biology) background and when asked, my preferred age range to teach would be grade 4-7. I care deeply about preparing kids for an uncertain future and that mean teaching them hard truths, new skills and emotional and social literacy, things I struggle with myself.

TeachersPayTeachers Store